As a teacher, you know how important classroom management tools are. The right tools can help you keep students on task, encourage positive behavior, and even help you communicate effectively with parents.
Effective Classroom Management Tools for the Clever Elementary Teacher
If you’re looking to keep your students on task and learning, then you need helpful classroom management resources. Here are a few of the most effective classroom management tools that every clever elementary teacher needs to have.
TIME MANAGEMENT Classroom Management Tools
Help keep your students on task during small groups and activities with these time management tools. These timers will give your students a visual so that they can see how much time is remaining for a particular activity.
1. 60 Minute Visual Analog Timer – This timer gives your students a great visual for how much time they have left.
2. Time Tracker Mini – Here’s a simple way you can help your students manage their time.
3. Digital Timer – This visual timer can count up and down, making it a great classroom management tool.
4. Sand Timers Combo Pack – With this combo pack, you can pick a sand timer based on how long your students have to work.
ATTENTION-GRABBING Classroom Management Tools
When your students are hard at work, you want to get their attention back quickly and easily. These attention-grabbing classroom management tools can help!
1. Woodstock Solo Silver Zenergy Chime – Here is a melodious and peaceful way to cue your students to move on to the next activity.
2. No Yell Bell Classroom Attention Getter – Don’t waste your voice. Instead, use this attention getter as a classroom management tool.
3. Wireless Doorbell for the Classroom – Here’s a creative and effective way to get your students’ attention!
VISUAL CUES Classroom Management Tools
Visual cues are great for classroom management. They help reach the entire class and teach students to self-assess their ability to follow directions and rules.
1. Yacker Tracker Noise Level Monitor Detector – This visual will help keep your students at a manageable sound level.
2. Handy Signs – Here are some classroom management visual cues that are both fun and effective.
FLEXIBLE SEATING Classroom Management Tools
If you’re looking for an alternative to the traditional desk and chair, then flexible seating is for you. Flexible seating gives your students the freedom to move around and fidget while working on activities.
1. Learniture Active Learning Chair – This stool allows your students to move around, making it the perfect flexible seating option for your classroom.
2. American Plastic Toys Scoop Rocker – Your students will love sitting in the scoop rocker as they read books, work in groups, and more.
3. Trideer Inflated Stability Wobble Cushion – This flexible seating option allows your students to wobble around, helping them get the wiggles out while staying on task.
4. Trideer Exercise Ball Chair – Here’s a wonderful flexible seating option, allowing your kids to bounce and move around while working on their tasks.
5. Plastic Stack Stools – Not only will your students love working while sitting on these stools, they’ll also add a colorful atmosphere to your classroom!
6. Sit Marker Spots – Not only will students love this alternative seating option, you’ll love controlling where each spot is located.
STUDENT ENGAGEMENT Classroom Management Tools
Keeping your students engaged is a great way to keep your classroom running smoothly. These classroom management tools help you keep kids engaged while working, helps mix things up when it comes to student grouping, and more.
1. Learning Resources Light & Sound Buzzers – These buzzers are classroom management tools that will keep your students engaged during lessons and activities.
2. Sensory Fidgets – If you have students that need to fidget in order to pay attention, this bundle pack is the classroom management tool for you.
3. Learning Resources Student Grouping Pencils – This classroom management tool lets you group your students. You can group by color, shape, or number!
4. Early Finisher task cards or box – Some kids work faster than others, which is why it’s so important to keep them busy and engaged after completing a task. Task cards or an early finisher box can help.
5. Calm Down Kit – If you have students that need to take a moment to calm down and collect their thoughts, then this calm down kit can help.
6. Brain Break Cards – Keep students engaged by giving them a break during longer activities. These brain break cards are a fun way for your students to stretch a little before resuming a task.
POSITIVE BEHAVIOR Classroom Management Tools
One of the best things you can do to keep your classroom environment is to encourage positive behaviors. These classroom management tools will do that by creating an environment you want while students are learning.
1. Mini Treasure Chest – This classroom management tool comes complete with 96 prizes!
2. Prize Toys for Classroom – Here are some great toys to add to your classroom prize box.
3. Calming Music – Find a playlist or Youtube channel (such as this one) that plays calming music. Classical music is ideal, but anything will work!
4. Praise Words ‘n Stars Incentive Chart – Help your students strive for good behavior with this sticker chart.
5. Novelty Teacher Stickers – Don’t forget to find fun stickers to use for your classroom sticker charts.
6. Good Job Jar with Mega Marbles – This behavioral classroom management tool will work for the entire class.
7. Class Dojo – This classroom management tools helps you communicate with parents.
8. Bloomz – Here’s a management tool that can help you with all of your parent communication.
9. Class Coupons – Students will love earning class coupons and you’ll love rewarding all of their positive behavior.
10. Positive Notes Home – You’ll be amazed how a positive word can encourage your students to follow classroom rules and behaviors. Send a positive note home when you notice a student trying hard.
11. Brag Tags & Awards – When you brag about the positive behaviors you see, you’ll notice the other students take notice and exhibit those behaviors as well!
12. Class Jobs – Finding fun ways to let children be responsible can be encouraging and allows children to feel pride in their classroom.
13. High Fives – Do this to every student as a friendly gesture of inclusivity and acceptance. This is such a simple and fun classroom management tool for encouraging positive student behavior.
14. Smiles – Last but certainly not least, make sure you use your smile to encourage students. They need to see you smile because your attitude is contagious!
Classroom management tools are available to make your life easier. When you implement these classroom management tools, you’re creating a learning environment in which your students will thrive.
Read more about Classroom Management
The Ultimate Classroom Management Toolkit
Find all your classroom management essentials with the Class Management bundle. It includes 8 engaging resources that kids will love!