Christmas classroom activities for teachers. Arts & crafts, games, activities, decorations and cards, gift and book ideas, STEM activities, and more!
Celebrating the holidays and Christmas is a special experience for children. Bringing these celebrations into the classroom makes learning memorable. Teachers can accomplish this with the following 30 Christmas in the classroom ideas.
Teachers go out of their way every day for their students. They love to share and celebrate with their little families at school before the break. Teachers enjoy decorating their classrooms and planning Christmas activities for children that they may not have at home. Taking this time away from the rigor of day to day school life to celebrate together is a magical thing.
The Best Christmas Classroom Activities
I have scoured the internet (hello Pinterest) and gathered awesome ideas from my teacher/blogger friends to bring you the best ways that we can share Christmas and the holidays in the classroom. You will find a collection of activities, arts & crafts, DIY decorations, books, freebies, and more. Each idea is linked to the original post, where you can find more details and instructions on how to use it in your classroom. Happy Holidays!
Christmas Classroom Arts & Crafts
Christmas Classroom Decor & Decorations
4. A different spin on the usual paper loop garland is this paper Christmas lights garland from Stubbornly Crafty. This would look great hanging up around any classroom.
5. Create a special keepsake for the Christmas tree with these DIY time capsule ornaments. Kids will love adding their special items inside!
6. These toilet paper roll snowmen can be put together with a few simple materials. Super cute!
Christmas Classroom Games & Activities
7. Are you hosting a holiday party for your class? One Sharp Bunch has you covered with eight simple holiday party ideas.
8. Writing letters to Santa is a great way to practice letter writing. Having a clear anchor chart filled with ideas like this one is a must. Of course, you’ll also need this free Santa stationary from It’s a Fabulous Life!
9. Having a Christmas book exchange in the classroom is a fantastic idea! Books and Giggles share their tips on hosting one in your class.
Christmas Classroom STEM
10. STEM activities are the perfect thing to help with that extra excitement and energy that’s floating around. This engineering activity from Fun-a-Day is sure to please!
11. Create an advent calendar with daily STEM challenges like the one seen in this post.
12. Make patterns in math with these hands-on activities by A Day in First Grade.
Christmas Classroom Recipes
13. Children love making editable gingerbread houses, and Happiness is Homemade makes it look so easy with graham crackers!
14. This Rudolph applesauce treat is healthy and so simple to whip up as a gift.
Christmas Classroom Gift Ideas
16. Looking for simple holiday gift ideas for your students? Check out these five creative ideas from Diary of a Not So Wimpy Teacher.
17. These gingerbread man DIY crayons are a great way to use up those broken crayons you have lying around the class.
18. Create Rudolph lollipops as a simple, low-cost treat for kids.
Elf on the Shelf & Alternatives
20. Grab more fun elf on the shelf ideas for the classroom from All Students Can Shine. Love the elf in the basket with the reading buddies!
21. Love the concept of kindness elves as an alternative to elf on the shelf. The Imagination Tree has fantastic ideas of how this can be implemented in the classroom.
Christmas Classroom Cards
22. Crafty Morning’s idea of using potatoes stamps in paint to make ornaments to decorate Christmas cards is a fun one.
23. Make these unique handprint Christmas cards from Blitsy for a perfect keepsake!
24. Nothing beats using a child’s feet and hands to make the perfect Christmas card and gift. Check out these ideas!
Christmas Classroom Books
25. Here is a list of Christmas storybooks that are perfect for a December read aloud. Which is your favorite?
27. Make a growing heart like the Grinch’s heart with this Christmas ornament idea from Fun-A-Day.
Great Books for Classroom Activities
Christmas Classroom Freebies
28. Countdown the days until Christmas with this free printable. Each kid can make their own Christmas Holiday Countdown to take home during winter break.
29. This Christmas tree foldable is a great way to include how-to writing practice in December.
30. Here are 40+ FREE Christmas games for readers to download and use right away!
More Christmas Classroom Activities